Saturday, September 29, 2012

SMART ART




This is my friend, Art.

He works as a security guard at the Butler Institute of American Art in Youngstown, Ohio. 

I stumbled into him in one of the galleries there.

Okay. . . . . .

I'll admit it.

I was more than a little shocked to see him sitting in the middle of the gallery on a chair.

But then I guess that's a pretty good perch for someone in his profession.

I'm sure he doesn't miss much from that front and center perspective.

Art is a really nice guy.

He's quiet.

A little shy.

He always greets his visitors with a smile.

And a twinkle in his eye.

Oh, and by the way, he's not real.

Art is made from polyester resin and oil

His masterful creator, Marc Sijan, is, beyond a shadow of a doubt, a brilliant artist and technician.


(Seated Security Guard (Art), Marc Sijan, no date, Butler Museum of American Art, Youngstown, Ohio)

1 comment:

  1. No. Way.
    I thought he was real. I totally believed you!
    He's so alive, and grinning it's as if his photo is a video, quietly smiling.

    ReplyDelete